Re: BE Door latches and Oil Cooler

To: "Mike Aarset" <mike.aarset@gmail.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: BE Door latches and Oil Cooler
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:33:22 -0500 with any abuse report
SOME Spridgets came with oil coolers. It was an option. Stragely enough, it
was standard for most years of MGB, although they did not benefit from it as
much as the Spridgets did. For that matter, the front anti-sway bar was
optional on the Spridgets as well. My 1974 came stock with both, my 1972 was
innocent of either one. If you take a look at Moss, you can see that the
part numbers for the MGB oil cooler are identical to the ones for the
Spridget oil cooler. On the RWA Midgets, the factory location was just ahead
of the radiator, oriented horizontally. If you look, you will probably see
the webbed grommets for the hoses.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget