Re: License Plates--Now scared snotless

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: License Plates--Now scared snotless
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:38:57 -0700
Cc: "'Bud Pazur'" <bpazur@excel.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
One night on swing shift, I saw a Frogeye blow a light in a deserted
part of the city.  Oh, I wouldn't have cited anyone for that, but
because it was a Frogeye with no top on it.  I looked forward to having
a fun talk with him about Sprites, and then, if he was interested, maybe
going down to the police station parking to see mine.

As I walked up to the car, I was as genial as possible, but as I glanced
down into the sidepocket, I saw a .38 revolver (I have to believe that
not many cops would know about the sidepocket on Sprites!)   Gulp!
Ooops!  I casually excused myself and walked back to my black and white,
got in, and put out a 997...cop talk for I need help--FAST!  When the
back-up arrived, we dutifully got him out of the care safely.  Turned
out he was wanted for Penal Code sections 211 and 187 (armed robbery and
murder), and the gun actually turned out to be a .357 (magnum) Python.
Well, he went down to the police station all right, and he got to see my
Sprite!  Ever so briefly!

Now, if any cop tells you he doesn't get concerned over someone with a
gun, he's a liar!  (Of course, that was nothing compared to what
happened two weeks later--the Watts Riots!)

Buster Evans

    Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
    I was driving my big Healey in town back in the 70's and all of a
    sudden saw
    the cherries light up behind me.

    I'm like..."wtf?"

    Cop comes up to the car and says...

    "Know anyone that wants to buy a tonneau for an MGB?"