Re: Axle Question

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Axle Question
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 10:58:40 -0800
On Nov 12, 2005, at 8:40 AM, Brian Hauck wrote:

> However, they are an inch or so longer and are marked with #ATA7057.

Brian,

I did not find that part number in the BL Sprite Mk3 & Mk4, Midget
Mk2 & Mk3 parts catalogue.  While I think the axles are
interchangeable with the earlier cars it is possible there were
different part numbers.  Just to cover some of the bases wire wheel
axles are splined on both ends, disk wheel axles have a flange on one
end and they are different lengths.  Also the banjo (differential,
axle housing) for wire wheels is a inch narrower than for disk
wheels.  Maybe someone else knows a way to track the number down.

Good luck.

Bob Kitterer

1960 Sprite (Mk IV in disguise)
1966 Sprite Mk III (Trevor, in boxes)