RE: Ignition Wiring Problem

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Ignition Wiring Problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:38:09 -0500
Cc: "Chas Douglass" <cdouglas@oz.net>, "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Buster,
We've ALL qualified in those four categories, at one time or another.
However, those who continue to "express exasperation with Joe Lucas'
wizardry", no matter how "expert, qualified, industrious, or smart" they may
have others believe, are simply stuck on stupid, and are too lazy-minded to
figure it out.
Now, I don't mean to imply that Joe's stuff is infallible.  Nothing made by
man is infallible.  Period.  However, Joe's stuff was arguably superior in
reliability to modern Bosch electrical systems, and every bit as good as the
Bosch systems of the day.  The really nice thing about Lucas electrics is
that, if you lapse/relapse into categories 1 & 2, or fall victim to category
4, the Lucas systems are basic and simple enough that you usually rectify
the problem, roadside, and finish your drive.  With a modern Bosch (or any
other modern electrical system, for that matter).......NOT BLOODY LIKELY.
And, yes, the Burlen stuff is SWEET.  We are extremely fortunate to have
Burlen.  I rebuilt a friend's HIF4s, for his B, using Burlen kits.  Very
complete kits, and excellent quality components.
Bud Osbourne