Re: Ignition Wiring Problem

To: Chas Douglass <cdouglas@oz.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition Wiring Problem
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 16:22:33 -0500
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chas Douglass wrote:
 > I discovered the + wire from the fuse
> block to the distributor had burned away all it's insulation,

There is no + wire from the fuse to the dizzy.
The + wire comes from the key switch to the coil.
The - wire comes from the coil to the dizzy.
If the white wire fried, check you ign swich, that is the only spot
where a constant hot (brn wire) meets a white wire.
The white wires at the fuse block are BEFORE the fuse and the fuse is
for the green wires that power the gauges, signals, and stop lights.

White wires are for fuel pump, tach, and hot to coil after the key is
switched on.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ