Re: GM going down, no LBC

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GM going down, no LBC
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:20:17 -0600 {sentby:smtp 192.190.246.2 authed with dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com} with any abuse report
I thought Zora Arkus-Duntov was Hungarian... He was responsible for taking
the pipe dreams of the original concept car and making something useful out
of it. Of course Corvette through the years has always had to fight the fact
that the people who bought most of them really wanted a Cadillac that looked
like a sports car. Oh well. I preferred the look and the honesty of the
56-60 Vettes, but I am not interested in associating with most of the people
who own Vettes. The Coke-bottle Vettes of 68-82 were supposedly modeled
after the Mako Shark.
That is a great line about driving a slow car fast!!! Reminds me of Peter
Egan's dissertation about speed vs velocity.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget