RE: Misspelling and Frogs

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Misspelling and Frogs
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:30:14 -0800
Jim wrote: Having been around the "Grans Prix" in Europe throughout the late
60s and having watched Ford and the GT40s kick Ferarri a$$ at
"Le Mans", I can assure that they are both French words (not that
I have any great love for the Frogs) and are correctly spelled in
this paragraph.
Nope!... It's Grand Prix, meaning the top prize in any competition - Grand
Prix, then Prix d'honneur, etc, were given for clocks, wines, etc!

By the way, I was there in the 60s too - and I lived not far from Le Mans.

Jacques Le Clainche, ex-Frog.