Re: Need instructions for Eastwood tank cleaning

To: Charlie Shelden <shelden3@pldi.net>
Subject: Re: Need instructions for Eastwood tank cleaning
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:53:46 -0600
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Charlie,
I took the list address off as this is inappropriate for a Spridgets list...
I'm not sure what they sold you in the Eastwoods kit, but Por15 or
Kreem are the usual interior coatings for motorcycle tanks and either
works well.

There are lots of ways to do this but here's one I found really effective...

Take all the fittings off the tank and rinse it out with gasoline or
kerosene.

Plug the fuel tap holes (I use rubber corks) and dump in about 2 cups of
hex nuts - any size will do or make it an assortment - and about 2 cups
of kerosene.

Put the tank lid on, wrap the entire tank in an old blanket and bind it
with rope.

Here's where you have some options.

1) If the wrapped tank will fit, place it in your tumble dryer, turn off the
dryer heat and let it tumble for about 30 minutes. Change the orientation
inside the drier and run for another 30 minutes.

2) If the wrapped tank is too big to fit in the drier:

--
1964 R60/2
1968 MG Midget