1275 vs 1500 in a RB Midget

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1275 vs 1500 in a RB Midget
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 06:43:37 -0800
The official reasoning behind dropping the Triumph 1500 into the
rubber-bumper Midget in '75, if I recall correctly, was that the
increased displacement was needed to compensate for the increased
weight of the fittings.

I've never bought that explanation, although there might be some truth
in it. I've always suspected that BL was looking for a cost advantage.
(All their other 1275 production was in front-wheel drive vehicles.)

What would the cost be, in acceleration and top speed, of dropping a
1275 into a RB car?

Mark