Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: <b-evans@earthlink.net>, "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 22:20:27 -0600
Cc: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
For the purposes of room rate negotiation, an attorney I used to work with
had, in a past life, worked in site acquisition/development for a
hotel/motel chain operation.  He told me that individual room variable costs
(laundry, maid service, etc.) ran, on average, only $7 per night.
Therefore, anything over $7 per room per night goes toward fixed costs
and/or profit.  This was just a few years ago, but I would assume $8 to $9
would still be ballpark numbers.

Knowing that, an empty room becomes a marginally profitable room at $10 or
so.  Depending on vacancy rates and a modicum of intelligence on the part of
the manager, good rates can be had for a lot less than advertised rates.
Whomever ends up doing negotiations for this deal would do well to keep
these numbers in mind.  I don't know that you will get rooms at $15 or $20,
but a filled $30 room beats an empty $70 room.

Larry Daniels
79 MGB LE
72 Midget
60 Bugeye

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."