Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Sprite 50th Anniversery
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 19:20:58 -0800
Cc: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Frank Clarici wrote:

>         Insurance costs, meeting room fees, banquet dinner, tee shirt,
>         mailings, stamps, phone calls, and other "ways & means"
>         stuff.  BS fees associated with autocross timer rentals and/or
>         parking lot rentals, rent a tent(s),  Stuff like that.

OK.  I see, said the blind man!

Suggestion:  In the past I have negotiated with hotels (and even one
motel) to make them them the event hotel, headquarters, dinner site in
return for meeting space, chairs, tables, xerox, etc.  And, of course,
make sure that the groups did not have to pay rack rates for their
rooms.  The numbers ranged from 35 upwards.  One of the keys to getting
these subventions is picking a time when the room demand is normally down.

Buster