Re: Cherry Mk-IV Sprite

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>,"Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cherry Mk-IV Sprite
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 07:40:10 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
OK, Now I have to wonder whether you wrote that in support of what I said or whether I said it so badly that you misunderstood what I thought I was trying to say ;-)

I agree with everything you say. Yes, "historical significance" would be a better way of expressing it. I was quoting the previous poster and taking issue with his statement that there was no "historical value" to a 1969 Sprite. hen I said "historically sad", I was not trying to slam the car, I was pointing out that the historical significance that is attached to that model has many sad connotations since it represents the end of so many good things... the relationship between Austin and Healey, Sprites being shipped to the US, etc. Not a whole lot of celebration.
David Lieb

OK, maybe 72 is a historically significant Midget, since it is the first model year for the RWA ...
Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

=== Help keep Team.Net on the air
=== http://www.team.net/donate.html