Re: brake bleeding

To: jomar healey <ah53@yahoo.com>,
Subject: Re: brake bleeding
From: Bob Van Kirk <racerbob70@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 16:25:36 -0800 (PST)
Joe,
  I've used the mittyvac on many occassions and
wouldn't use anything else.  It's been used on 30s/40s
cars with the old systems and on modern systems
installed in said autos and can't count the number of
LBCs.  Yes sometimes it has acted up but I've always
been successful with it.  The bleed screw on the
brakes will let air into the bleed hose giving false
readings, the little catch bottle needs to have a
hanger made for it so that it can't tip over and allow
brake fluid into the pump causing all sorts of
problems like fluid everywhere.  Loaned it out several
times to fellow builders and they hate it.  Perhaps
it's the user not the equipment.......