Re: brake bleeding

To: "MICHAEL CARPENTER" <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com>
Subject: Re: brake bleeding
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 20:42:31 -0600
On 3/18/06, MICHAEL CARPENTER <MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> I think that this might be one of them cases where the tool user has to be
> at least as smart as the tool to operate it correctly ;^)).  The Mityvac is
> the only way to go.  I wouldn't consider any other way of bleeding systems.

Well, I can't argue with that!  Question is, how does a vacuum bleeder
wannabe learn to use it properly?!   I'll try on the motorcycle next
month. That system is entirely exposed so I should be able to see what
I'm doing. The Midget was a cast iron bitch. Trying to reach through
that tiny inspection hole in the passangers footwell to the clutch
slave with my big, fat paws to keep the hose on the bleeder nipple....
I shoulda taken a movie of it and posted it to the group! Coulda won
prizes for a comedy film with that one!  Super Dave Osborne has
nothin' on me!!

> If a vacuum won't pull the fluid through, there are other problems that you
> really need to address!

Makes sense.  My problem was trying to get a vacuum going!!  They give
you about 10 little black fittings which are supposed to slip over the
bleeder nipple. I never did find one that a) fit snug on the nipple,
or b) stayed on the damned thing!!

I paid too much for it to throw it out, I guess. If it works on the
bikes I'll keep it for that application and maybe try it another time
on the car when I have more patience.

Cheers!!
Jim - reassembling Midget in Dodge City
--