Rear springs - slight problems

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear springs - slight problems
From: Adrian Jones <adrianjones747@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 19:44:25 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
OK folks,

Not "chuffed as arseholes" yet.

I've managed to separate the rear springs from the rear shackle (crow bar and
swearing).
However, do I need to remove the seats in order to get at the 2 bolts in the
front bracket?
(The front bracket is secured with 2 bolts going through the bracket and up
and, apparently, another 2 bolts coming down, through nuts welded on the
bracket.)
Also, 2 nuts on the U bolts are resisting.  I put an iron pipe over a big 9/16
wrench and tried but I can feel the wrench bending!  (I have Kobalt and
Craftsman wrenches - surely these won't break?)  I've soaked the nuts as best I
can in PB Blaster.

Any thoughts?

Regards,  Adrian