Re: Recommendations on impact wrenches (no LBC)

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recommendations on impact wrenches (no LBC)
From: "Jackson Zimmermann" <jzimmerm@k12albemarle.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:05:54 -0400
I've got a 5 year old IR 2130.  IMHO the big thing to look for with
impact wrenches is their real torque.  Anything less than 500ft-lbs is
insufficient to do the job.  If I were purchasing an impact wrench
today, I would likely either get another 2130 or look into the 2135
(real overkill).  Unless you use them in a production environment, or
fail to properly oil them, its highly unlikely that either of these IR
tools will fail in your lifetime.

Go for 1/2 inch, 3/8 inch is just too small and does not offer the
torque.

Jackson Zimmermann
jzimmerm@_no-spam_k12albemarle.org
'64 Sprite