Re: Anybody own a new generation Mini??

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anybody own a new generation Mini??
From: David Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Fri, 05 May 2006 00:18:19 -0500
Jack have had my 05 S for a year with no problems.  Purchased it new at
MSRP, but no mark-up when other dealers were bumping them 2-3k.  I got
the 6 speed, sunroof, cloth interior, anthracite dash, standard
headlights (do not like the xenons), standard sound system (I'm not an
audiophile and I like to listen to the engine & exhaust), DSC, and
automatic temp control.  In short I got the premium package, bonnet
stripes, & rear fog light as options.  I did not want the 17" wheels
(too stiff) and stayed with the 16" for the higher sidewall and even
those are like driving a stiffly sprung Sprite.  I'm used to it, will
never own a Buick, enjoy the quick steering (I have a Sprite and there
isn't much difference), and my wife loves driving it.  If your wife does
mostly around town driving the NON-S is ok.  Test drive one and take it
out on the freeway and simulate 55-70 passing times.  Bottom line...it's
freakin' fun to drive!  Get as new a one as you can afford as there were
some problems with the earlier ones.

Join the Edmund's Town Hall MINI group (http://www.edmunds.com); go to
FORUMS, scroll down to DISCUSSIONS BY VEHICLE, & select MINI.  Select,
"Display ALL MINI Groups & Discussions" and I've found the best answers
and discussion to be in the "MINI Cooper (S & Base Styles)" category. I
spent 3 years researching and drooling (I had  a 97 Mustang GT that I
wasn't ready to give up yet!) and the Edmund's group helped a lot; even
purchased a second set of MINI wheels for my snow tires from one of the
members.
Good luck and enjoy the hunt!
Dave
59 :{)