DAS is not dependable

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: DAS is not dependable
From: "Linda Grunthaner" <grunthaner@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 06:02:15 -0400
After sending arrival photos to the seller of my MKII Sprite I found out the
rear was not dented when DAS Dependable Auto Shippers picked it up in Los
Angeles and delivered to me in NJ on Saturday. Therefor I put in a claim and
spoke with the estimator on the phone last night who is coming to look at
the damage today. Interestingly he said DAS users have many damage claims
against them annually and he said because of the volume DAS doesn't seem to
care about it to change their shippers, they farm out the work. After
receiving messages from other people I will be shipping my next car with a
company called Passport who recently was purchased by FedEx. They are a lot
more expensive but well worth it because they use their own trucks and
drivers and go door to door with the same truck as well as treat all their
vehicles with TLC.

Damage to my car is, pulled exhaust at the manifold, missing vintage
California front licence plate, dented rear deck to which the trunk doesn't
close.

Dependable is NOT Dependable.

Happy Vintage Motoring
Linda