BABE Rally preparations

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: BABE Rally preparations
From: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 13:50:43 -0400
Team Triangle is moving forward in preparation for the departure day for
The Big Apple and America's first beater rally.

I got both of the headlights on the 3-wheeled Honda CRX to work at the
same time, believe I've solved a nagging problem with the right front
brake, and took a little spin last night to pick up a freebee spare tire
donut.  Certainly gets a lot of strange looks from people.  I really
prefer to be a bit more inconspicuous, but with only 3 wheels I've had
to resort to a Groucho glasses-nose-moustache disguise to blend in.

Anyway, tomorrow will be the real test flight.  Going to do a 6-hour
interstate run out and back to Gingerman Raceway to check out the
season's first VSCDA vintage race.  A friend is doing his first
post-school race in his first ever race car, a nicely prepped streetable
MGB GT (LBC content!).  He said if I make it all the way to South Haven,
he'll pay for the beer.  Perhaps Flounder and Thicktones will be on the
bill.  Beer, old race cars and Team Thicko. Add topless dancers and
you'd have a real Saturday night!

So, the questions:

How are things progressing with the cheeseheads at Team SU and with the
gangsters at Team OSHIT?

Will team-dot-net be fielding three vehicles in this epic debacle?

Are there any listers living between New York and New Orleans, and
between NOLA and Michigan who can come to rescue me and #2 son if that
single rear wheel breaks off?  We will have the three essential spare
parts: duct tape, cell phone, and credit card.

--JohnD