Re: BABE Rally preparations

To: "Deikis, John G" <John.Deikis@va.gov>,
Subject: Re: BABE Rally preparations
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 11:03:00 -0500
> How are things progressing with the cheeseheads at Team SU and with the
> gangsters at Team OSHIT?

> Will team-dot-net be fielding three vehicles in this epic debacle?

Team SU has been working diligently. We got Mickey relatively operational
about a month ago, so I drove her home from Wisconsin and proceeded to use
her as a daily driver to shake out some of the problerms we were
anticipating. Having replaced any number of split quad bullet sleeves, the
regulator in the alternator, the fuel pump, and a number of other small
items, the clutch started to slip. Not unexpected, I was just hoping it
would happen before the trip.

Drove her back up to Willy's spacious garage and we pulled the engine out
and inspected the clutch. Sure enough, she was starting to kiss the rivits.
I had a used clutch disk (what idiot hangs onto used clutch disks? Now you
know the answer) that still had a bit of clearance to the rivits, so we
slapped that in and I headed back to my side of the Chedar Curtain. Wouldn't
you know it, the clutch started slipping worse than before on the drive
down.
Yesterday I received the new B&B disk I ordered from PPP, so it will go in
sometime this next week and the testing will resume.

We did have a setback this past week. Due to issues at work, Willy is not
going to be able to make the trip. I offered the berth to my short list of
candidates, but they were all able to come up with excuses in time ;-)
Justin the rally-meister assures me that I won't be the first to go solo,
although it will most likely take me out of contention. It will still be
fun, however.
David Lieb
"Team" SU