S.U. Solid State Fuel Pump Question

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: S.U. Solid State Fuel Pump Question
From: "Bert Shirey" <bertshirey@zoominternet.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 10:20:35 -0400
Hello, Guys,

      Here`s a question regarding the new SU solid state pump I put on the
Midget Saturday: Near the hot terminal is a small, shiny metal tube, about
1/4" long and 1/8" dia. This is in addition to the somewhat larger tube at the
other end for the hose venting to the boot. On the original type pump  is a
hole with a plastic cap in the same place as the mystery tube. I think the
book says the capped thing is a non-return valve. Does anyone know if that
tube on the new pump needs to be capped or vented? Thanks,

Bert Shirey
66 Midget 1098/60 Bugeye