Moss pains, Carlisle hopes

To: "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Moss pains, Carlisle hopes
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:43:11 -0400
Getting ready for Import Carlisle, and leaving tomorrow or early Friday.
Nothing to sell, but I do need to pick up several items for the 73
Midget that is nearly ready to paint.  Also looking for a 67 MGB
distributor (gotta look up the numbers), for a friend.  Other stuff will
be bought according to scruffiness, potential use(s), price flexibility,
and amount of beer Ive consumed by that time.

Before I ask the next question, Ill share a bit of backround:  I had my
local furrin car parts guy order me a new fuel pump, from Moss, because
mine is getting a bit sluggish (hell, its only been on there for 23
years), and Im way too busy to rebuild it, right now.  So, when I
arrived to pick it up, I was greeted by the early 1275 style (AUF-200
?), instead of the one Im accustomed to (my car is a 72).  Sure, I
could make the new one work, but, it just pisses me off when Moss
applies the one size fits all approach (ever tried to buy a reverse
light switch for a 1275 from those clowns?  Then you know what Im
talking about.).  So, I just ordered a new set of points, and Ill throw
the spare pump on the car when I get home from Carlisle.
Anyway, I was going to order some new seat kits w/pads & webbing, as
well as a new top from Moss.  After yesterday, however, Ive decided Id
rather drop over $500 in someone elses cash register, instead.  Can any
of you guys recommend a NE USA vendor that has top quality seat kits &
convertible tops, and are independent of Moss?  If they attend Import
Carlisle, that would be all the better.

Last item:  Im going to Carlisle with an empty (except for a club tent)
8 bed pick up truck, and I wont be too full on the return trip,
either.  So, if any of you southwestern PA guys need a way to get
something to or from Carlisle, maybe we can hook up.  Ill be with my
Western Pennsylvania Triumph Assn. group, as usual.  I cant recall the
space numbers we have, every year, but its up near the grandstand, and
right across from a fairly large, commercial vendor who offers all sorts
of Brit car stuff, including Jaguar bits & pieces.  Look for a green,
TR-7 coupe for sale, with a bunch of old (semi) drunks hanging around
it.
Bud Osbourne