Re: Moss pains, Carlisle hopes

To: Bud Osbourne <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: Re: Moss pains, Carlisle hopes
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 21:41:43 -0400
Bud Osbourne wrote:

> Anyway, I was going to order some new seat kits w/pads & webbing, as
> well as a new top from Moss.  After yesterday, however, Ive decided Id
> rather drop over $500 in someone elses cash register, instead.  Can any
> of you guys recommend a NE USA vendor that has top quality seat kits &
> convertible tops, and are independent of Moss?  If they attend Import
> Carlisle, that would be all the better.

If you ask me, those moss seat kits look too fake. I can pick em out a
mile away.
Visit your local upholstry shop. they can get QUALITY vinyl or leather
and do the job right the first time.
Or call Walt Downs in Spotswood, NJ 732 251 3758 (no email) he is a
retired upholsterer and does very nice work cheap. Cash only.
But I bet he will do the job for a couple hundred less than what you can
buy the parts for.
Let's say he made my Healey 3000 seat pans (all 4) and covered them all
for $700. This included making the seat pans and supplying the vinyl and
piping. (3 tones)
AA best on the net for tops or EZ up tops, around $160 for a Midget.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ