Re: Sprite passed just fine

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sprite passed just fine
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 18:21:42 -0700 (PDT)
--- Dan Gillitzer <dang@ticon.net> wrote:
> some tips for the teaching process I'd appreciate
> that too.
> Dan

Dan,
Congrats! Regarding teaching a manual, my dad taught
me to match revs without the clutch. You probably
don't want to do that with a Sprite (I learned on a
Celica several hundred years ago, which saw over
200,000 with its original clutch). My wife and I
survived her learning a 4 speed in college.  I tried
to talk her through it, it was futile.  My dad (boy do
I miss him) then told me to let her just drive until
our lives were in danger and then say something.  That
worked beautifully.  If you have kids, there is
probably a time when your wife had a kid in her arms
while making a PB&J sandwich and talking on the phone
(remind her of that).  She can learn a 4 speed.

G'luck,
Soave