The Curto rebuild?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Curto rebuild?
From: "Greg Higgins" <higgs6@cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 17:02:22 -0400
I have to agree with Billy Z.,for a $400.00 carb rebuild I would expect the
carb bodies, float bowls and bells to be bead or shell blasted, believe me it
doesn't take long.

The vice marks on the bells are a classic, I guess someone was to lazy to use
soft jaws in the vice.

My friend just had his carbs rebuilt for his MGA here in Toronto, the cost for
the complete rebuild was $500.00, in Canadian dollars.

There were no vice marks on the bells, everything was shell blasted, all new
screws for the bells and float bowls etc. My friend used some steel wool to
bring up the finish he wanted on the carbs, everything looks brand new, he's
happy as hell. Billy, his carb rebuild turned out nicer then yours I'm
afraid.

If you think Billy's Z. carb rebuild (and vice marks) was ok for $400.00, I
guess you don't mind paying for substandard work.

That's my 2 cents

Greg Higgins
63 sprite