Re: The Curto rebuild?

To: "Greg Higgins" <higgs6@cogeco.ca>
Subject: Re: The Curto rebuild?
From: "Jim Johnson" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:43:40 -0500
On 5/24/06, Greg Higgins <higgs6@cogeco.ca> wrote:
<snip>
> If you think Billy's Z. carb rebuild (and vice marks) was ok for $400.00, I
> guess you don't mind paying for substandard work.
<snip>

That's kinda brutal, Greg.  There is going to be a wide range of
experience in this group. For starters, I wouldn't have had someone
else rebuild my carbs. For better or for worse I would have done them
myself (No need to at the moment as my HIF44 daily driver runs
beautifully even though it isn't clean or polished).

It's kind of unfair of you to insinuate that because we found the
condition of Billy's carbs acceptable (within our range of experience)
we are happy paying for substandard work.
What some of us were saying, albeit not very well, is that we were
unaware of a higher standard of work being available for the money. It
doesn't mean we are happy being gouged for poor work as you imply.

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City
--
1964 R60/2 BMW