Re: RE: Video: SUV flips, rolls off highway]

To: bjshov8@comcast.net
Subject: Re: RE: Video: SUV flips, rolls off highway]
From: "John Innis" <jdinnis@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 12:22:42 -0500
Ok, while it is true that there are probably more people out there
with pick ups and SUV than really NEED them, lets not get all
hig-and-mighty about our choice of vehicle vs someone else's.  It is
THIER choice.  Just like I CHOOSE to drive an LBC.  I CHOOSE to drive
an SUV too!  Do I need an SUV?  Yes I believe I do.  But if you saw
me, driving it to work, you might assume I do not.  It's none of your
business what I drive.  If my choice of vehicle bothers you, it is
your problem.  If I choose poor gas mileage, that's my problem.  If I
choose a vehcile that will almost certanly get me killed in an
accident, that's my problem.

Now what you and every other driver does have a right to take issue
with is the way in which I drive.  Regardless if I am driving my LBC,
my SUV, or my motorcycle, the rules of the road are the same for
everyone.  Maintaining a safe following distance, keeping aware of all
other vehicles around oneself and having a "out" (when possible) are a
lot more important.  It's not what you drive, its how you drive.  I
have had to take the shoulder at high speed in my SUV because someone
did something stupid.  I was able to do so smoothly and safely at 65
mph.

I don't know about the incident in question (CNN's stupid WMV system
doesn't work for me) but I am willing to admit that I don't know.
Don't automatically blame the vehicle, consider that the driver may
have had a share of the fault.

--
= Never offend people with style when you   =