'74 Midget questions

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: '74 Midget questions
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 16:22:55 -0500
Here are a few trivia questions that have ben vexing me as of late...
If you know any of this stuff, I greatly appreciate your help.

1. Under my seats are these white plastic electrically wired discs (not
working) that appear to be pressure sensitive triggered ---  WHAT are these?
Have yet to see them in any manual...

2. Any suggestions as to how to steady a rattling/knocking exhaust pipe ?
Knocks hard when hot behind the pedals and rattles durectly under the
drivers seat.

3. When ridden hot I can open the the vents in the floor boards (cook my
ankles) stick my fingers in said vents and remove rusty black sludge. The
hotter the wetter. This is creeping black death, isn't it?

4.  Between the carbs and the crankcase, every so often I'l get a lound
TANGING noise. Thought for the longest that it was a fan blade just grazing
something every so often when vibrating wildly. No, such luck. AND it seems
to be coming from the base of the carb bells / head gasket area.

O.K. I could go on for some time with these but I'll cease pressing my luck
and venture one more...

5. Just how much emissions gear (if no emssions testing is required) can I
get by taking off. From the loos of things I got a few things from other
models hooked up unnecessarily and my emissions cant get much worse.

OK. If you have any clues or help for any of these I really appreciate it.
Have a good holiday and be safe out there on the road.

inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com
Miles