Re: Universal Fuel Pump...

To: Matthew Boatman <matt4328@yahoo.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Universal Fuel Pump...
From: roger cotting <rbc_48183@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 00:45:20 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, the store pumps will work with either positive or negative ground. Just
reverse the wires. Pegasus has a kit that will reduce noise for about $13 (part
no1130 pg 41) or you do the same thing with short lengths of rubber tube.

  Roger Cotting

Matthew Boatman <matt4328@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hiya,

The SU fuel pump on my 65 Sprite just died and I was thinking of replacing it
with the little universal one from Kragen or Autozone or whoever. One question
only (I hope):
My car is positive ground. The cube pump that Moss sells says it will work with
positive or negaitve ground. Will one of the regular store ones work with
positive ground? If so, (ok, guess that is two questions) what do I have to do
special when installing it? Reverse the wires, or is there no need?

Finally got sunshine in Oregon and I need to get on the road! Thank in advance,

Matt

Roger Cotting