Re: Clutch

To: kristi74midget@comcast.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Clutch
From: Daniel1312@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 16:28:38 EDT
Fitted a new slave to my Sprite yesterday (and I fitted the slave the day
before but bled it yesterday).

After a lot a arsing round I wedge the rod all the way back into the slave
and used a socket on the bleed nipple with one hand while using a down open
nipple, hold down, shut nipple, up and repeat until I got a decent pedal.

However, the thrust bearing is almost shot and I'm hoping it will last long
enough (about 800 miles) before I pull the current engine and replace it wth a
replacement.

Clutch rod is non-standard and because the clutch is as marginal with the new
slave as the old one I'll be putting a drop of weld on the end of it to give
that bit of extra length lost by the carbon bearing wearing down to almost
nothing.

Daniel1312