clutch fluid DOT3 or DOT4

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch fluid DOT3 or DOT4
From: "Dale Gleason" <inaverysmallroom@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 15:46:24 -0500
with the frequency that I have troubled the list with clutch bleed questions
my apologies butI gotta ask...

I found this on a MG owners clutch hydraulic's web site....
" Remember- USE CASTROL LMA GTX or other DOT4 eq. or better brake fluid, NOT
DOT3 in your British car!  "

Is this TRUE?
Would completely bleeding the clutch and replenishing with DOT3 be unwise?
I have been methodically replacing clutch hydraulics peice by peice and
doing countless bleeds only still to not get full clutch pressure /
engagement.

Could this be because I am using DOT3 ?
I am just getting ready to pull the master Cyl. off and replace all of the
rubber fittings but I will delay if maybe I should try DOT4 first.

Thanks for any help.

Miles
( switched slave cyl. hose, slave cyl. rubber boots and inner plunger
already)