RE: Beck Porschelica

To: "'Peter C.'" <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: RE: Beck Porschelica
From: "Bud Osbourne" <abcoz@hky.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 04:57:04 -0400
Peter,
Very well spoken.  I couldn't agree more.
In the case of 356 replicas, the contempt is similar to that felt by TD
owners for those silly MIGI (or whatever they're now called) kits, on VW
chassis.
A GOOD replica should......are you ready for this.......REPLICATE the
original as nearly as possible, in every way.  What a concept!
That's why the Beck Spyders are so well received among the 356 owners.
I recall seeing Jaguar C and D type replicas, at Import Carlisle,
several years ago.  They were VERY well done, and I would have loved to
have one.  Don't know what the Jaguar folks think about them.  But,
since my philosophy has always been: the only one my car needs to
impress is ME, I really don't care ;)
Bud Osbourne