RE: Hal's brake miracle

To: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hal's brake miracle
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 05:39:48 -0700
Glen wrote:

"When I left Saturday night, Hal F. was preparing to trailer his bugeye back
Sacramento since he came up short the two banjo bolts to finish his disc
brake
conversion.  For those of you not in attendance, this was a satellite job
done
in the alley by the overflow supply of Spridget engineers at the
BusterCluster.  When I read his e-mail that he had driven his bugeye back on
Sunday I had to wonder,

What miracle happened between 9PM Saturday night and Sunday that caused two
disc brake banjo bolts to magically appear?  I smell an act of selfless
sacrafice and/or Spridget cannibalism.  Fess up, who's waiting for
replacement
banjo bolts in the mail this week?

Glen"

Glen the miracle was Spencer.  His efforts were chronicled in a previous
post, so I will not repeat.  But I am eternally grateful to him and his
generosity.  Spencer is mostly in lurk mode, but he has the right spirit and
is definitely one of us.  He did let it slip that he has a Midget that isn't
running right now, something about the suspension.  Is this giving anybody
any ideas?

I can't give enough thanks to Spencer and all the crew that jumped in on my
brake job.  If I had attempted the switch here at home it would have taken
months to complete.  Now I can drive it [not quite] like I stole it.

Hal