part 3

To: Buster Evans <b-evans@earthlink.net>,
Subject: part 3
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 14:04:47 -0400
Sunday Morning and we staged the "good friends will help you out of a
tight spot" Buster Cluster logo. See pics when they are up.
We were putting up the exhaust system and a seat in the Sprite for it's
maiden voyage. Some said we need both seats so Pam can ride in it too.
Certainly, It had to have both seats and it did just after lunch.
Buster and Pam backed the 1960 Bugeye Sprite out of the garage were it
has sat for some 30 years. It was almost 100% complete and very original
with wide whitewall bias ply tires (new) positive ground electrics, and
no added goodies. It looked like it just rolled out of the showroom.
Buster and Pam went on their first date in this car some 40 years ago.
As they drove down the back alley, smiles from ear to ear, the rest of
us could barely hold back a tear as we all high fived each other in a
truly successful event.
We did re-bleed the brakes after the maiden voyage as that seemed to be
the only issue with the car.
We finished up few tiny details and ended earlier on Sunday.
I stopped to look at Palm trees and talk to who ever was left before we
headed out for dinner with Jim J (CO), Jay (CT) AL, (FL) and Buster (CA)
I did get to chat with Jim  some on our way back from the beach Sunday
night.
I wish I had more time to personally chat with each on the guys out there.
In retrospect, I think Buster should not have been the one to run for
parts and hardware since it left 30 guys searching for the elusive part
back in the garage. We did have to fabricate a few bits near the end but
with the knowledge there and a few garage trinkets we managed to make
what we needed.
I came home Monday and was seated with 2 gorgeous girls, one who had a
few too many wines and turned into a chatty cathy doll. I had some
explaining to do when I smelled like a pina colada when I got into the
wife's car at the airport. Not the drink, but a lotion called shimmering
pina colada. My arm sparkled and smelled lovely. That's a whole nuther
story.
Would I do it all again?
Damn Straight! In a heartbeat.
--