Re: part 3

To: Miniac7@aol.com
Subject: Re: part 3
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 21:13:56 -0400
Miniac7@aol.com wrote:

> Frank,
>
> Did I miss Part 2?

Here it is again.

Due to part 2 not making it, I'll try 3 parts.
Chinese computer I guess

After dinner we spent a few hours at Busters going over how to tackle
the car. I left for Yorba-Linda to room with Ron (IL), Peter (WI), Jay
(CT) and Bob (NY) And of course we sat an BSed till the wee hours again.
Friday morning off the Busters and we got started right away.
Locals were pouring in from CA even if locals were from 500 miles away.
I met lots of guys for the first time and many more for the 2nd or 3rd time.
Glen was constantly under my feet as he was the under car man.
Paul and I bumped heads under the bonnet a few times but when Paul bumps
his head, he bleeds. He doesn't know how hard Bugeye bonnets really are
A lot of work happened real fast. If we knew where all the parts were ,
we would have finished sooner. Ever time we needed something, Buster was
off to the store for something else.
The beer was flowing freely, food was plentiful except if a Jersey pizza
joint served that round stuff in a cardboard box, they would be out of
business in about a week. It wasn't Chicago deep dish, and it wasn't
Jersey Tomato pie, it was similar in shape but it taste like cardboard.
But then again if what we call tacos in NJ were served in CA, the same
thing would be true.
So after the work was done for the evening, We would stop for a couple
monster tacos and a *multi* crunch shake before we settled in for the
night. (Ron's slip of the tongue on what should have been malted crunch)
Saturday saw the engine and tranny slip in with minimal effort.
Glen, the floor jack trick only works if the jack is in front of the
car, not in from the side It was a bit tough to push the jack sideways
to guide the engine in. Once again Glen was under foot and Paul ran into
a problem he had corrected me on only last week.
Too tight a shifter. But he assured me he had a smooth case shifter in a
smooth case gearbox. So after it didn't work, I told him how to fix it.
Imagine ME advising PAUL on a tranny problem!!
Another midnight run for monster tacos and multi crunch milk shakes
before retiring back at the hotel. But wait, Jay and I grabbed some
monster tacos while Ron, Bob, and Peter were at the Billy zoom concert.
Those guys come back to the hotel 20 minutes later with none other than
some monster tacos and multi crunch milk shake
And this is on top of too much beer and something that resembled a pizza.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ