My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 3

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 3
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:09:17 -0700
On Sunday morning the fun started all over. You can imagine my relief when I
found out that Spencer was on his way over with the banjo bolts and that I
could return the U-Haul truck to it's rightful owners.  By the time I
returned from dropping off the truck Spencer had dropped off the needed bits
(and a bit more)and I could proceed to finish up on FROG AYE's front end.
Brakes bled, driveshaft in, ignition switch wired up, muffler and tail pipe
installed, fuel problem solved and FROG AYE roared to life.  Meanwhile, back
in the garage, lights were being hooked up, seats installed, steering wheel
torqued down, and whatever else needed doing.  Then the moment we had all
come for: Buster and Pam got to take the ceremonial first run up and down
the alley, followed by Frank (drive it like you stole it) Clarici, and Paul.
I drove FROG AYE to the gas station for a fill up and returned, checked the
oil, realized it was a bit low and poured about a half quart in only to
watch some of it run out from under the valve cover gasket onto the exhaust
header!  No wonder there was so much smoke, and all along I was thinking it
was the high temp paint I had used over my manifold wrap.  So, Weatherman
Jim and I had the honor of being the last ones working at the Buster Cluster
(I bet though Frank got up early this morning and took care of a few details
before he headed to the airport.)

The trip back to Sacramento was chronicled in an earlier post, but I don't
rate I-5 very highly as a Spridget road!

Thanks, Spridgeteers, for making this happen, I'm in for "Zoom's Zoom 2007."

Hal