Re: My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 3

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 3
From: "Glen Byrns" <grbyrns@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:35:04 -0700
When I returned, I was gutsy enough to take 5 over the Grapevine, but NOT to
go all the way up 5.  As you say, too hot, too empty of rooms and food.  The
old route (Rt.99) parallels it at the western foot of the Sierra and has
lots of little towns with motels, gas stations and food choices.  Only a
little slower that 5, but you actually get to wiggle the steering wheel now
and then.  I left Buster and Pam's at about 9PM and drove until 2AM, finally
realizing that either the steering rack had come loose or I needed some
sleep.  Cheepo motel, VERY long shower, two hours of sleep and back on the
road at sunrise for the last few hours into Davis.  This weekend I plan to
avoid contact with anything that looks like a wrench.  But if it looks like
a wench........

In two weeks we leave for the annual week up at the Sierra cabin at Packer
Lake and I'll be taking the 58 Austin this time to hit a car show in
Sierraville.  A much shorter and cooler road test of the new 1275 than the
BusterCluster.  Besides, all the folks at the lake have seen Bugsy many
times.  Time to flash something "new".

Glen