My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 2

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: My Buster Cluster Round Up, part 2
From: "Hal Faulkner" <hal@katemuir.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 11:09:16 -0700
On Saturday it all began again.  More people, more work.  Not being able to
find a spot to work on Buster's car, I decided it was a good time to begin
the disk brake conversion on FROG AYE, so off with the old, on with the new.
New A Arms, new track rod ends, new PPP brand shocks, front wheel bearings
(already in the hubs)all new bushings on the front.  So many people were
working on FROG AYE tht I can't name them all so I will not try, I would
certainly slight someone by failing to remember.  It was at this point that
the lack of sleep began to tell on  me: everything we needed seemed not to
be there, or was just right here but now I couldn't see it.  As we bolted it
all back together, the final missing parts failed to rear their ugly little
heads.  I didn't have the banjo bolts!  Worse, I didn't even have any
recollection of having them.  One cannot simply walk into any of the big box
auto parts stores and pick up two banjo bolts for a sprite disk brake
caliper.  Don't ask me how I know.  Spencer was my angel on this occaision
'cuz he was certain he had some, he just wasn't certain exaactly where they
were, I hope he wasn't in too deep with his wife for getting caught in
traffic on the way home.  So I turned my attention back to the real reason
we were there as Glen, Frank, et al were frantically trying to get the
engine running.  Why was the smell of gasoline so strong, anyway?  It's ok
to smoke as long as the air-to-fuel ratio is greater than, say 25:1, isn't
it?  Finally, the engine was running and we were able to divert our
attention to more pressing matters, like pizza and beer.