1500 Clutch hydraulics

To: "Spridgets" <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1500 Clutch hydraulics
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2006 21:25:13 -0500
What am I missing ?  I rebuilt the clutch hydraulics on my wife's 78 RB 1500
Midget as soon as we got it in mid-July, and although the clutch released a
bit low, which I attributed to a little remaining air, it drove OK.  I decided
to wait a while to re-bleed because I'd used silicone fluid and I wanted to
let any entrained air separate out, so one re-bleeding would be enough.
Tonight, after the car had been parked for 2 weeks I started it and the clutch
wouldn't disengage.  After bleeding and bellding and re-bleeding some more,
and even pulling the slave cylinder out to bleed it with the bleed nipple
completely straight up, I still get inadequate travel.  The clutch is moving
and feels normal at the pedal, but it just won't throw all the way out.  The
nose of the slave was dry - no leakage.

Thanks!
Karl Vacek