Re: Bugeye Group..... Front Bumber

To: <bberwick@optonline.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Front Bumber
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 12:54:13 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <b-evans@earthlink.net>

          Bob Berwick wrote:  "I'm restoring a 1960 Bugeye. Some photos
of bugeyes show a front bumper. Other photos show none. Is there a
correct way?"

All Bugeyes/Frogeyes came equipped with a front bumper.  Yes, I know
there is a myth that those produced for England did not have one, but
that is what it is.  A myth.  If you look at the earliest company
produced specifications, photographs, and even English motor magazine
road tests, you will see that they show a front bumper.  There are a few
early photographs of the car without one, including (I believe) one of
Donald Healey standing next to one sans bumper.

Page 21 of Horler:

"The front bumper was listed as an optional extra on home market cars but
was standard on export versions."  Further in the paragraph, it starts, "If
no bumper was fitted...."

It seems that Mr. Horler disagrees.

LD