Re: Bugeye Group..... Front Bumber

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye Group..... Front Bumber
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 16:19:49 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@comcast.net>

Larry Daniels wrote:

> Page 21 of Horler:
>
> "The front bumper was listed as an optional extra on home market cars but
> was standard on export versions."

This is sort of like the tach being an option too.
I believe all Sprites came with the tach.
Would you buy a car with a hole in the dash?
In the 60s, a radio and heater were options on American cars.
If you lived in Maine, it was one of those "gotta have it" options.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

===========================

I think you're right, Frank.  My guess is that they built the list of
"standard" features to meet a certain price point for marketing.  But I
doubt many came without certain options -- that tach being one of them.  A
sports car w/o a tach?  I doubt it.

It sems to me that American car companies were doing the same thing a while
back.  Some "options" just weren't optional.  Every car came from the
factory with them already installed -- like it or not.

That Austin pickup that I recently bought may be the exception.  It has NO
options.  Not even a heater.  Doesn't it get cold in New Zealand?

LD