Re: Weber DGV Installation Question

To: cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Installation Question
From: derf <derf247@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:15:11 -0500
On 8/11/06, Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net> wrote:
> you can make twin SU's work just as well as a weber DCOE.     ask frank
> who's driven (and was that graz who rode shotgun with you frank?)my car
> with SU's.  or brian  who's had a brief ride in it.    it has no lag nor
> any stumble in it's reaction to throttle.     and the 1275 is not stock.

Yes, up to a point.  A pair of HS4s or HIF38s are good.  SUs will get
better mileage, too. Bigger isn't always better.  However, above 75 or
so horsepower I think the stock SU HS2s have to go.  Bolting a DGV and
manifold to a stock 1275 is a step up, IMHO.  I wouldn't spend the
money on a new DGV and manifold.  But, if a car came with one
installed I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back to the HS2s, unless I
was going for concourse restoration.

Again, I like SUs.  But given a choice between stock twin HS2s and
stock manifold or DGV and manifold, I would go DGV.