Re: Tapered Front Wheel Bearings, OR Archives, use 'em.

To: derf <derf247@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Tapered Front Wheel Bearings, OR Archives, use 'em.
From: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 13:44:09 -0500
Don't buy into the tapered bearing mythology. A very good argument
can be made as to why angular contact ball bearings are better,
beyond the fact they are original.  I'm not smart enough to make that
argument, but many, many modern cars use the angular contact ball
bearings... especially front wheel drive cars. Read all you can on
the subject. Not everyone has been happy making the switch.
         Peter C
===