Re: Tapered Front Wheel Bearings, OR Archives, use 'em.

To: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tapered Front Wheel Bearings, OR Archives, use 'em.
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 17:05:56 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com> wrote:
> I was
> trying to
> suggest that tapered bearings in and of themselves
> are not
> necessarily superior.

Most of the load on the bearing is radial, and an
angular contact bearing has superior radial load
capability. In accelerated life testing both at work
on turbomachinery and play with my racecar, the ball
bearings have held up much better. One thing we did
determine is that Barden bearings are the best, along
with New Hampshire Ball Bearing.  Koyo were very good,
SKF works good on the race car. Timken/FAG is no
longer an approved supplier.

Ron