Re: Exhaust Downpipe problem

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Exhaust Downpipe problem
From: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 19:27:03 -0500
> Since most of the time the studs are gone or stripped out, I
usually drill thru and use bolts. (new stainless with lock washers)

I would suggest locknuts, too. The donut tends to seat in a bit the first
few times it is run and even with lock washers I have had nuts go missing.
Quite a drag, especially since cops seem to come out of the woodwork as you
try to tiptoe quietly with an exhaust asystem that is effectively
non-existent. Not that this has ever happened to me...
David Lieb