How tight is too tight?

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: How tight is too tight?
From: Joe Lansing <kidjoevid@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 15:48:35 -0800 (PST)
I assembled my new 1275 last august. Lubed everything
I should have. When complete the engine was tight, but
turned over using a socket and short breaker bar -
pretty much one-handed. I mated it with a datsun
tranny and Rivergate kit. I can't remember spinning
the engine after that. Now it's in the car, and a nice
new gear reduction starter won't turn it over. The car
sits on 4 jackstands, and with my son and I trying to
spin the rear wheels in 5th gear, we can't turn it
over.

So I pulled the radiator so I could try turning it
with the bolt on the balancer...and the cross member
is in the way. I guess I'll try using an end wrench,
if I can get one to fit.

But how tight is too tight? What did I do wrong in
assembly if it is too tight? This is my first time -
obviously.

Thanks!

Joe Lansing
62 Sprite

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows.
$510k for $1,698/mo. Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre