RE: Smoking 1275

To: "'Jim Johnson'" <bmwwxman@gmail.com>
Subject: RE: Smoking 1275
From: "Phil Nase" <nase@ptd.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 15:20:45 -0500
I tried the conversion myself trusting (mistrusting) my rusty algebra skills
and got similar numbers and didn't believe it when I did the conversion.

You mean my $5 swap meet tester is out of calibration, damn;(    But it's a
Penske tool.

Well hopefully the values show reliable consistency between cylinders even
if the measurement is wrong.

Thanks Jim.

Phil Nase
Quakertown, PA
http://home.comcast.net/~philnasecpa

> All meaurements are lbs/sq cm.  I don't know the conversion to sq in
> offhand.

2.54 cm = 1 in

therefore,

6.45 cm*2 = 1 in*2

Something ain't quite right here though..  If you really measured
lb/cm*2 your 5th stroke values come up in the 320 to 390 range.  I don't
know what standard compression should be on a 1275, Phil, but those numbers
seem awfully high!  Just a wild guess - I would be looking for compression
values somewhere around 150.

>                                 1       2       3       4
> Dry     1st stroke              35      35      35      35
> Dry     5th stroke              55      55      50      50
> Wet     1st stroke              35      35      35      30+
> Wet     5th stroke              60      55      50      60
<snip>

Cheers!!
Jim - 68 Midget in Dodge City