Re: How tight is too tight cont.

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How tight is too tight cont.
From: "bjshov8" <bjshov8@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:42:59 -0600
55 ft-lbs should be in the right ballpark.  Since there is a considerable
reduction between the starter itself and the engine, the starter doesn't
need to apply much torque to turn the engine.  My DeWalt cordless drill
would probably do it.  You might look for another problem- such as was
something hitting the flywheel, etc.