Re: Ebay Sprite 140066255501

To: "CHRIS KOTTING" <ckotting@wideopenwest.com>, "Dave G."
Subject: Re: Ebay Sprite 140066255501
From: "Paul Asgeirsson" <PAsgeirsson@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:07:06 -0800
That's true!  Clearly he painted over a lot of junk it appears.  Look at the
heavy paint around the shocking red shock bolts.  He neglected to get shocks
from PPP.  I saw in some of the photos scratches under the new paint, an oil
can dent or two, and some dimples in the chrome bumpers.  I'll bet there is
a lot of sins covered up by the new upholstery.

Frank, this isn't one of your weekend restoration where someone is trying to
make a killing, is it?  Your white car looked a lot better than this one.
'Though, I've got to admit, that front Sprite badge looked pretty fair.  A
lot better than the hammered out door latch plates, and twisted door!  But
he certainly gets points for creativity on the hook up of the smog valve!  I
had no idea these engines had decent crankcase vacuum to suck air out of the
carb air intake manifold!!!!!

Wasn't a lot of photos of the car bottom, either.

Paul A