Re: Bugsy running like a champ/Mechanical Advance Distributor.

To: "David Lieb" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: Re: Bugsy running like a champ/Mechanical Advance Distributor.
From: rrengineer@dslextreme.com
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:57:37 -0800 (PST)
> On the street, vacuum advance is all about part-throttle economy. The
> vacuum
> advance module adds a certain amount of advance on top of what the
> mechanical advance gives you based on the vacuum signal it sees from the
> engine. This gives you better gas mileage, especially under conditions of
> extended part-throttle cruising. There is NO reason not to use vacuum
> advance on a street machine, except for those who have distributor looking
> for a ported vacuum signal together with a Weber carb that does not
> provide
> a ported vacuum signal.
> David Lieb

So, I've got a single HIF44 on my 1275 with a 266 cam and ported head.  I
am using a Mallory dual point distributor.  If what you are saying is
true, I am wasting gas except at WOT.  The brand new S.U. HIF44 I bought
from APT has a nipple for port vacuum for timing.    I have a Lucas
distributor 41400A that Frank gave me.  I have been told it is for
manifold vacuum, not port vacuum.  What are my options for distributors?
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite